Composting always seemed very straightforward to me: food scraps and garden rubbish. And then I discovered that you can wrap your food scraps in newspaper and put that straight in the compost. But that discovery has nothing on this weird and wonderful list. Here’s the most standout compost items I have ever heard of! Go get composting to help reduce the waste in our landfills.
- Winecorks (not the plastic ones obviously)
- Cotton Clothing
- Junk Mail (ok I know bills and junk mail could also be recyclable, but composting them is probably both more satisfying and more user-freidnly, cause you are reducing the need to process them)
- Worn out rope
- Used masking tape
- Shredded cardboard cereal boxes
- Cardboard toilet paper and paper towel rolls
- Used paper towels, napkins etc
So if you think that you wont be trying any of these think about this for just a second: composting is free, you can even put some things in it that would otherwise have to be recycled, obviously a better option, and as satisfying as burning bills is I’m pretty sure composting them has an equally charming appeal.
Let me know your crazy compost tips!