SIFT Vision Poster on the wall at our After 5 Drinks and Nibbles event on Tuesday
Welcome to the end of another working week. We met some potential new projects, had a bit of an After 5 drinks and nibbles event for few key people at our offices, met with current projects to get updates and generally continued to do what we do.
On the way we also found some interesting tid bits that you might be interested in perusing. Here are this week’s Friday Favourites:
- A great article here from Nick Potter on his affair with the word “sustainability” – what will be the new words? You can see more of what Nick Potter does on his website Re-Be.
- A dining room made from recycled plastic bottles that floats – a unique eating experience here.
- Another great link from the team at Re-Nest who found an article in a recent Martha Stewart Living magazine about using real peanuts for packing (definitely better than styrofoam “peanuts”).
- The latest Environmental Indicators Quarterly from the Ministry for the Environment here (pdf).
- A great little tutorial on how to make reusable sandwich bags – (no velcro, glue, and only minimal sewing) – great idea here.
- A move in the US to replace ornamental gardens with food producing gardens here.
- More disrespect for and damage to the environment – will the fine work? More here.
- The kitchen of the future – bringing the vege garden inside – more here.
- The fridge that grows food not just stores it here.
Have a great waste free weekend.