Another tiring week of earthquakes but lots of great stuff happening locally and around the world around sustainability to keep the spirits up. Here are a few goodies we found this week:
- New Greening The Rubble website – more on this next week.
- News from the Beehive- Environmental Champions and Green Ribbon Award Winners
- NZ Herald article on a new grass turf product from company Woolgro made from old coffee sacks and sheep dags. Great reuse.
- Interesting video of a Trimaran made from recycled plastic bottles. Similar to the sea voyager Plastiki.
- How to turn a wine bottle into a customised water carafe for home – From Re-Nest.
- 10 ways to reduce food waste at home (American but easily customisable to NZ readers) from Good USA.
- Look at this Seed Cathedral! (from BlackEiffel)
- Great recycled fashion blog and facebook page from across the ditch. Quite inspiring.
- More on Marije Vogelazang’s Go Slow cafe restaurant concept here.
- Depressing but true – our oceans are in a dire state – reported by Hot Topic. Final quote by Hot Topic: “This is a cri du coeur from the world’s ocean scientists. We ignore it at our peril…”
- And do you have your issue of the lastest Good Magazine. We love it! Brimming full of inspiring and informative editorial. Simple choices for a better life indeed.
Have a great waste free weekend and hopefully an less shakey one for Cantabs.