The mornings are getting cooler and the leaves are turning and every day a little bit more sad news on the state of our city comes through. It is really starting to hit home that it is going to take years to recover from the earthquake.
But, on a positive note there are still a lot of people doing good things in the world and here are our favourite and interesting links from the past week:
- NZ Herald video of the collaboration between architect Russell Devlin and H2Flow to make comfortable and environmentally friendly composting toilets for those without loos in Christchurch, out of old recycling crates. Watch the video.
- Pepsi is developing a bottle made entirely of plant materials. More here from NZ Herald.
- A great infographic from Good Magazine (USA) on waste in space.
- The Ministry for the Environment has released some guidelines on the safe disposal of Waste electrical and electronic equipment (WEEE) here.
- Ideas on how to kick the paper habit from Re-Nest and how not to use plastic bags as rubbish bags.
- The winners photos from the 2011 Prix Pictet photo competition – Mitch Epstein on American Power (via the Guardian).
- Great photos on Junk Culture from artist Todd McLellan’s Dissassembly project.
Have a great waste free weekend.