Definitely, one of our favourite things. Have you ever considered the waste you might give someone when you send them a parcel. When posting a gift or item consider using packaging that has less impact on Earth’s ecosystems:
- Use plain brown paper (recycled if possible or save brown paper that flowers come wrapped in) so it can be composted (or recycled).
- Use minimal cellotape & labelling (at least so that it can be picked off and be the only thing that goes to landfill)
- Use cotton string so it breaks down (not plastic string)
- Instead of bubble wrap and polystyrene pellets consider trying shredded paper or shredded cardboard and wrap fragile items in newspaper (and then put in a cardboard box).
- And if you need to use a courier ask them if they have a green option. Try Courier Post’ s Eco Range or NZ Couriers GreenPac Range (both made from recycled paper and cardboard).
- Keep a stock of cardboard boxes in a range of sizes on hand for more fragile items.
- Don’t forget to look out for recycled content greeting cards as well.
- Get creative with other types of paper too like old patterns, sheets of music, old wrapping paper even newspaper.