Spring has definitely sprung. Some of us are suffering from hayfever, the daffodils are definitely up and it is feeling warmer (although changeable with a cold wintry blast coming through today). Friday favourites will be taking a break for a few weeks so enjoy these links and our past Friday Favourties until October.
- Bill McKibben talks to David Letterman here (via Good USA)
- Love this video from Toronto Chuck and Vince wanting your electronic waste (also via Good USA).
- MfE has announced another project that they are funding from the Waste Minimisation Fund – this one is all about turning sewage waste into a usable product. More Here.
- Love this innovative idea for regulating the temperature inside buildings especially offices and saving energy – green curtains from Kyocera.
- We have all known this for a while and eat we still occasionally eat one – Artist Sally Davies has photographed a McDonalds hamburger for 137 days and found it doesn’t age (via Good USA)
- Need more inspiration to take small steps to create a big impact – check out these great Glee videos – the Glee cast doing there thing and promoting important environmental and social messages. We love the battery recycling one and the library video.
- The Monterey Bay Acquarium in the U.S has developed a climate change video with the voice over from the great John Cleese.
- Localised waste management is one solution to the problem and Dunedin City Council is starting is recycling in public places this weekend at the Otago Farmers Market. There will be three stations each with an organics bin, recycling bin and non-recyclables bin (via Scoop).
- Satellite eye View – great photos of our home here (via the Guardian).
Have a great waste free weekend.
Photo Source via Derek’s Blog here.