If you know of someone worthy of the title of Environmental Champion then consider entering them or the project into the 2011 Green Ribbon Awards through the Ministry for the Environment. There are twelve catergories and entries must be received by 5pm Friday the 15th of April.
The categories are:
- Protecting our biodiversity
- Reducing our greenhouse gas emissions
- Caring for our water
- Minimising our waste
- Improving our air quality
- Protecting our coasts and oceans
- Community action for the environment: Young People
- Community aciton for the environment: Volunteers and Not-for-Profit organisations
- Environment in the media
- Small businesses making a difference
- Environmentally responsible large businesses
- Central and local government stepping up.