Another week of waste minimisation as flown by. On the way we came across some interesting info on waste and sustainability issues that you also might be interested in. Here’s our weekly round up:
- Recycled Printer cartridges made into….a bike path?! It happened in Australia. Read more here.
- Recyclable lamps (egg cartons, CFLs, cloth electrical cord) from American designer Victor Vetterlein over on Re-Nest.
- In light of the devastating Gulf of Mexico oil spill many are talking about how to reduce your personal oil use. Good article here especially with the list of where petroleum is used – lots of everyday items.
- You can then marry that info with Beth from Fake Plastic Fish’s Plastic Free Living Guide. She’s doing it everyday.
- Speaking of oil based products – recycling plastic bags into blocks. – but are they safe and then where do they go?
- The children of today are the solutions providers of the future – but The Recyclists are already doing it. Awesome. More from their blogspot here.
- Reduction in waste, reduction in packaging, increased energy efficiency, social responsibility, environmental sustainability and setting goals and achieving them – who is this? Marks and Spencer.
- New UK government encouraging recycling and asking manufacturers to reduce packaging – more here.
Have a great low waste weekend.