Lots of great and intersting waste and sustainability tid bits have been discovered this week:
- The glowing lamp made out of coffee cups from Re-Nest.
- Something we want to try – making our own paper.
- In the US it is prom (or formal) time and some high school girls are looking for green prom dresses – great idea.
- Bicycling as it should be – wouldn’t this be great for Christchurch – rush hour traffic on bikes from the Netherlands – could watch it for hours!
- Another Re-Nest find – covering chairs with old jersies.
- Thinking of switching from disposable razors for shaving to a snazzy metal one that will last years? If seeing who else does will help Satorialist Scott Schuman does.
- Another look at what we consume – Kate Bingaman Burt drew what she bought everyday for 3 years.
- And more locally there has been some recent media attention on the Christchurch City Council requesting all residents ensure their bin lids are completely down otherwise they will not be emptied. You can listen to Radio New Zealand National’s Jim Mora to talk Mayor Bob Parker here (choose the Panel segment #2 and it is about three-quarters through) or read it in the Christchurch Press here.
Have a lovely Autumnal weekend.