February is here already! Here are a few of the interesting waste and sustainability links we have found this week for you to enjoy at the end of the first week of February.
- Got a small kitchen and not sure where to put your compost bin – ideas from Re-Nest here.
- Beth Terry from My Plastic Free Life gives a few pointers on travelling plastic free.
- How to be more organised with meal planning from Zero Waste Home.
- Biodegradable PET plastic bottle putting a spanner in the works for USA plastic bottle recyclers here.
- Reduce textile waste by having a Mend It party
- Ted Talk from Eben Bayer who has invented a new type of packaging made from mushrooms.
- Lots from the Beehive recently:
- Green Growth Fund initiative announced.
- New Clean Air goal posts.
- The BlueGreens Key note speech from the Hon. Dr. Nick Smith last weekend in Akaroa.
- Public input requested for new National Policy Statement on Biodiversity
Have a great waste free weekend. Are you trying anything new to reduce your waste this weekend?