What a whirlwind week! We were at the WasteMinz conference earlier in the week and then spent yesterday in catch up mode. So, for today we have few cool things we have found that might be of interest and then next week there will be a bit of a run down on the conference and what we learned.
The most important thing learnt during the two days (it was a mix of Behaviour Change workshops and workshops on waste related issues) is that we need to act sustainably everyday – small actions will add up to make a big impact.
Here are the Friday Favourites:
- The toilet paper issue – how far will you go to reduce your paper waste – all the way to cloths?
- How about eating paper with no calories? As long as it is recycled!
- The biodegradable pen – love it!
- A new guide to buying sustainable paper for your office here launched recently by the NZ Business Council for Sustainable Development and the Government.
- A better recycling campaign was also launched this week by the Community Recycling Network (Sue Coutts presented a very informative presentation at the WasteMinz workshop about the launch and why we need to implement more effective and efficient recycling systems with less contamination and to increase onshore recycling). You read see more of what they do here.
- And finally, Envirocomp who compost nappies are still on a roll composting 15,000 nappies a day and looking to expand - more here.